Friday, April 23, 2004

Been a Long Time...

I know it's been a long time since I've updated the blog and that disappoints me. I've been so busy lately that I haven't had much time. But, no excuses, right? Sara and I are heading to Fredricksburg this weekend so she can run in a 10k race. She has been excited about it, so it should be a fun time.

I am really excited that the semester is coming to an end. Don't get me wrong, I love the learning but sometimes I long for the rest that comes from summer vacation. I'm taking one class--Revelation--in June so I am looking forward to some downtime and some extra curricular reading.

A lot has happened since I last posted. I will take a small moment to divulge some of those happenings. We went to Oklahoma for Easter weekend to spend some time with the Siner family. It was a great weekend and a blessing to be with family. I am so thankful that we celebrate together with a Risen Lord! We also got to celebrate a few birthdays as some of them fall within a month of each other. All together it was a great time of celebration. I wanted to post specifically for Easter but I guess it will have to wait for another time.

I also got a second job with the bookstore on campus. It is a great opportunity even though it adds to my workload so I am looking forward to having fun with it.

Lately, I've been thinking about a few things which I will hope to address in blog format pretty soon, at least if I have anything to say about it. Here they are:

1) I've reflected quite a lot this semester on what it means to participate in a "ministry in the midst." This reflection has been sparked by some intense involvement in the lives of those with chronic illness and I guess it helps that I suffer from something as well but I hope to reflect more in depth about what I consider that to mean.

2) A secondary issue, in regard to the above, is about the issue of identity. It is easy to confuse our identity with what the world calls us to be but I believe that we have a higher calling and a greater identity in Christ.

3) Finally, I got to listen to Luke Timothy Johnson and he mentioned something that sparked some thoughts which I hope to address later. "You can find Christians everywhere, but it is difficult to find church." The quote was in reference to the people of God living in community. Think about it and we can dialogue later.

Until we meet again...May the Lord bless and keep you!

No comments: