Wednesday, August 11, 2004

And Mike Wept...

Some might say there were a few tears this morning, although I'm inclined to say that it was just something momentarily in my eye that made them spontaneously water. But, as much as I may have been trained to do otherwise I'd like to think I'm man enough to admit it...so, okay, I cried. Really, what's wrong with a spontaneous outpouring of hysterical sobbing. I mean, we all know the proclaimed "shortest verse of the Bible:" and Jesus wept. Surely it's okay for me to water my face if Jesus did it, right?

At this point you are probably wondering about the cause behind such a sensitive and "in touch with my feminine side" effect. This morning Andy, Randi, and baby Ally loaded up and left for the wide open frontier of...Kentucky. Sara and I held it together until they left the driveway and turned the corner to begin their trek. But, about that time we lost all control. Goodbye's can be so difficult at times. You know it's not the end but at the same time you know life will be different. I know they will do great things and that God will be praised through their lives and in their relationships with others but the tremendous possibilites don't make me miss them any less. This may only be the first time I wept, because I think the chances are it probably won't be the last.

Take care my friends, may God bless you! Oh, and don't be strangers.

No comments: