Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Jesus Calling...

Another word from the devotional book titled "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young...

Taste and see that I am good. The more intimately you experience Me, the more convinced you become of My goodness. I am the Living One who sees you and longs to participate in your life. I am training you to find Me in each moment and to be a channel of My loving Presence. Sometimes My blessings come to you in mysterious ways: through pain and trouble. At such times you can know My goodness only through your trust in Me. Understanding will fail you, but trust will keep you close to Me.

Thank Me for the gift of My Peace, a gift of such immense proportions that you cannot fathom its depth or breadth. When I appeared to My disciples after the resurrection, it was Peace that I communicated first of all. I knew this was their deepest need: to calm their fears and clear their minds. I also speak Peace to you, for I know your anxious thoughts. Listen to Me! Tune out other voices, so that you can hear Me more clearly. I designed you to dwell in Peace all day, every day. Draw near to Me; receive My Peace.
I really try each day to find God in every moment. I want to look for Him in every person, in every situation, and around every bend. I want to be a part of His purposes in my life and in this world. But often the noise distracts me or maybe it draws me into complacency. Sometimes I can be so aware of God, other times I'm only aware of myself and what's important to me.

God designed us to dwell in Peace even in the midst of a world in unrest. But, I need to constantly tune in to His presence, to intentionally look for his fingerprints and listen to His voice. He knows my heart...and longs for me to continually search after his.

May we draw near to his presence and dwell in his peace!

No comments: