Thursday, May 27, 2004

Life: Abundant and Invigorating

There are simple things in life which bring a smile to my face and invigorate me each day. Here are some examples (in no particular order):

1. A shower first thing in the morning (for me, it is like other's shot of caffeine in the form of coffee)
2. Singing (along with almost any form of music)
3. Watching someone experience an "aha" moment while encountering the message of the gospel (or experiencing one myself)
4. Kissing my wife (hey, maybe I'll get some brownie points)
5. The exuberance and innocence of children (especially watching the little ones run)
6. And, for those who are West Texans, a beautiful and awe-inspiring sunset.

Blessed be the name of the Lord! Those are just a few of mine--what are some of yours?

God, thank you that you provide us with joy for the journey! May we all find enjoyment in the simple things!

1 comment:

Carol said...

A few things I like:
Conversation with my kids
When a baby smiles at me
Seeing a "God-incidence!"
The beauty of green trees and blue sky...
Making someone laugh
Snuggling with my sweetie