Friday, May 09, 2008

Fecal Flavored Water

Yeah! Gross, right? Well there was apparently a study done last year on the amount of bacteria found on lemons used by various restaurants in their drinks. The following link does a better job of explaining the study than I can. But, either way I'm a little more cautious about the question that follows my order of a glass of water...."Would you like lemon with that?" No thank you!

Warning About Bacteria on Lemon Slices

In case you are wondering about the blog title...One day I brought up this study while at lunch with a group of friends. One person took the conversation a little further claiming he "loves pieces of fecal matter" in his drinks. Gag! And the phrase "fecal flavored water" was born.

I'm not usually a bacteria freak but this study for some reason got my attention. I simply wanted to share my new found knowledge with you.

At least one restaurant offers a solution to the wild spread of bacteria by these yellow-bellied members of the citrus fruit family...

I suggest other restaurants begin to follow their sanitary superior lead!

So now, while you're reflecting on your own restaurant lemon experiences...can I get you something to drink?

1 comment:

Ashlea said...

nice mike, now i basicly shout NO when they ask if i want lemons with my drink. el yucko in a big way!