Thursday, May 08, 2008

Work in Progress


Can you envision the possibilities? It may not look like much right now but it will in a few weeks. It's been about a year since a tree fell on our shed in the backyard. Wow. I can't believe it's been a year! A few things kept us from being able to replace it up to this point. But now we're close. I can almost see it. To ensure production and completion we've solicited the services of a contractor. That's him in the picture. Right next to his "not-so-handy, but eager to help and offer moral support" workman. Some friends are coming over toward the end of the month to release a little stress on the old building. Then hopefully sometime in June our new backyard addition will be complete.

It's amazing to me what a trailer-load of materials can turn into in the hands of someone who has a plan and the ability to fashion it all into something better than it was before. I'm thankful God takes the old, beat-up, broken-down junk of our past and re-fashions us according to His plan and purposes as we walk with Him into a new future!

It's a work in progress...and I'm grateful there's a contractor who's not me!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I know your contractor . . . let's just hope your building is finished quicker than my bathroom!

Mike said...

I have good reasoning to be confident in thinking that our building will be completed in a much quicker time frame than your bathroom. It's all in the location. Which one would you rather work hard in to complete a project? In the beautiful, God-created, great outdoors of my backyard...OR...the smaller confines of an inside room that is really nothing more than a glorified place to dispose of poo? I know which one I would choose too! :)