Thursday, May 01, 2008

Sonic Love Language

You want to know one of my wife's main love languages? Sonic diet cokes! In this case, it's not really her giving them, but receiving them. It speaks even more volumes about my love if I'm able to score one during Sonic happy hour from 2-4pm. It's simple really but it's taken me 5 years to even begin to figure it out.

Today it was 9:30am so happy hour was out the window. I had to run an errand on her side of town and after I was finished I thought, "I have an opportunity to speak Sara's love language this morning!" So, off to Sonic I go. Just a $1.50 later, I possess in my hands 32 oz. of sweet love for my girl. I head to her work to drop it off, knowing I am minutes away from making her day.

Strange. Her car's not in the parking lot. Ohhh...maybe she is at the school today (sometimes she goes to a local school for a morning a week to observe some classes and students). So I casually make my way to the school. ..anticipation building. Even stranger. Her car is not in the school parking lot. At this point I know the ice is already beginning to melt...and I don't want to communicate anything close to "watered-down love."

So, I think to my drugged up self (I've got a little cold going on that's kind of put me in a cloud of haze)...self, what day is today? Thursday. Thursday!?! Shoot! On Thursday's Sara works at a satellite office in Murray (about an hour away). Bummer...

I guess I spent a $1.50 to show my self some Sonic lovin'! But, it's really not the same. See, 5 years later and I'm still learning...

Maybe the fact that I went through all this will be sweet enough. After all, she and I both know I'm nowhere near fluent in her native love language. But I'm sure trying to learn my share of vocabulary!

3 comments:

Sara said...

I just laughed so hard I am crying! I love the part - "self, what day is today?" I guess it does count that you thought of me but I think it also means that I get hit happy hour in Murray today. I love you Michael Darling!

Stephanie said...

See . . . this is what happens when you do drugs!

Josh Kellar said...

I go for the route44. $1.14 during happy hour. Hope all is well!

~JK