Friday, March 26, 2004

The "Passion" to Confess

I still have not been able to go see "The Passion" but I am planning to set aside some time to do so this weekend. So far I have heard both positive and negative reviews of the film from friends, family, and the press so I am anxious to determine my own opinion. Maybe a purpose of the film is to help us experience a different aspect of the life of Jesus calling us to, in one way or another, fall to our knees and confess his name--I don't know. But, whatever the purpose(s) of the movie is and despite the negative reactions this particular depiction of Christ has received, at least one man was "led" to produce his own confession as evidenced in this USA Today article.

Well, even if not today or tomorrow or the next we know that one day every knee will bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father! May YOU be glorified in all the earth by those who confess your name!

No comments: