Saturday, March 06, 2004

Survival of the Fittest

Well, I survived another weekend course! I love these weekend courses. The class meets two weekends a semester and you’re finished—minus a few projects due toward the end of the semester. Taking these short courses gives you so much more flexibility during the semester. However, the hardest part is probably just the extensive amount of information in such a short period of time. If you ever want to know what it’s like for your brain to hurt (literally), take one of these intensive courses. Overall though, I’m a big fan of this approach.

The course was entitled “Managing Church Conflict.” I’m not sure how beneficial it will be though because we all know that there is never any conflict within our churches. :-) (Please excuse the sarcastic undertones) Actually, it was a great course and one that I know will be a great asset for my ministry tool belt because like the professor says, “It’s not a matter of “if” you will have conflict but “when.” So, the moral of the story is to be as prepared as possible for times of crisis and conflict. Gotta run, my wife's calling me by my full name...hopefully I've learned something from the course. Just Teasing! Until next time...

No comments: