Monday, July 19, 2004

Another Day, Another Year Older

At least spiritually speaking, happy re-birthday to me!  It was twelve years ago, July 19, 1992 that I was buried with Christ and raised again to new life.  I thank God for the transformation he has brought throughout my life.  I guess it's not like I was ever really a heathen but how glorious to put off the old to be clothed with the new.  Thank you Jesus.  I grew up in the church, in a godly family.  I began the journey long before that summer day in 1992 but that moment became a marker, a spiritual pillar which proclaims my commitment to God, my belief in Jesus as Lord and Savior, my acceptance of his grace, my openness to receive his Spirit, and my statement of the truth that life can only be found in Him.   Of course, my journey did not end in that moment either for God continues to mold and shape me into his image, into his likeness each new day.  It is kind of like going up to that wall in the house where there are lines representing how much you have grown each year.  Today I look at those lines and am reminded of how much I have grown...how far I have come because of who He is and who I am in Him.  Praise God for new beginnings and for love and grace that is never ending!  I look forward to the next twelve years (and beyond) of life in relationship with Him.
 

3 comments:

Carol said...

Happy Spiritual Birthday to you,
Happy Spiritual Birthday to you,
Happy Spiritual Birthday dear Michael,
Happy Spiritual Birthday to you.........

How I love you!!! I am so happy that you have grown into such a fine man who loves the LORD!! May His blessings be heaped on your head. love from momma

Sara said...

I am so thankful for that committment you made 12 years and 1 day ago. I am thankful because it means I have a husband who seeks the Lord and strives to glorify him. It also means someday you will lead your children to follow in your steps and I couldn't be more blessed because of this. Thank you for walking alongside of me in this journey of faith. I love you.

Anonymous said...

I had forgotten that your spiritual bday was the same day as my 'real' bday! That's exciting! Hope you guys have a great weekend in Austin...looking foreward to seeing you two in two weeks! Love you both, Megan