Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Real Life Grace

We all experience grace in remarkable ways but what does grace look like in real life?

Grace looks like a small group of caring families who have come to pray over your illness. Grace looks like wonderful meals brought over at the drop of a hat when life suddenly gets a little chaotic. Grace is when a loving couple spends 5 hours in the emergency room with you and your wife providing comfort and friendship as you await a diagnosis. Grace is when people graciously give in a time of need knowing that God has blessed them to bless you. Grace is resting in the knowledge that many people are lifting you up in prayer. Grace is knowing that I am loved and a child of God! I know beyond a doubt that grace encompasses so much more than these few simple things but this is how the grace of God showered down on my wife and I this past week. It is vital for us to realize that we participate in something powerful and life changing when we live out our daily lives as tangible reflections of the abundant and overflowing grace of God!

What does real life grace look like to you?

2 comments:

Carol said...

What does real grace look like this week?
A diagnosis for my son that is not life threatening...my daughter shown the power and protection of God when her car was hit by a semi...a family caring for a one year old with a catheter and double diapering during his six week recovery from surgery (his pregnant 24-year-old mother has only been out of prison a few months and lives several hours from the hospital)...a butterfly who flew in a circle around me...care group friends who stood outside in our back yard at dusk and ooh'ed and ahh'ed over the extraordinary rainbow and lightning display that God put on for the 4th of July...the arm of my husband around me...the hope of seeing the face of God full of grace...

Anonymous said...

Mike, thank you for encouraging me to look for His grace! Grace for me is waking up to a wonderful husband for the past 25 years! A godly husband who is very unselfish and completely patient and understanding when I am undeserving. Grace is having both my kids fixing their eyes on the Lord and having their own faith and journey. Grace is the small children at Highland who run up to me and grab my legs and love on me when I don't see them coming! Grace is sitting next to my "family" (small group) at church and feeling their love and encouragement. Grace is feeling God's love and his close steadfast spirit within me every single day! ~Debbie