Wednesday, June 23, 2004

The Whisper of Nature is Calling My Name

Rest and Relaxation...Nothing could be better than that except when it is combined with being in the midst of the beauty of God's creation. And, am I ever ready for some vacation time. Sara and I are leaving today to begin our trek to Fairfield Bay Resort somewhere north of Little Rock in Arkansas for the "Siner Family Reunion." This is really my first opportunity to have extended time with the extended family and I am looking forward to it. Some people might cringe at the mention of visiting in-laws but I enjoy time with them. Sure, they are different than my family but that's what makes each of us special. Our differences don't have to cause friction even though they have the capability to but instead they can be used to strengthen and draw us closer. I learn a lot from the Siner family. I am introduced to new perspectives which I might not otherwise be exposed to. I appreciate them and love them for who they are and I hope they feel the same about me. I wouldn't trade them for anyone else. So I look forward to this weekend and the opportunity it presents to get to know them more.

I also look forward to some time away. It is supposed to be beautiful there and I hope to take full advantage of the beauty it offers. I wonder if I should inform my employers not to worry about me if I don't show up for work next week! I might get attached to life in the great outdoors. Anyway, I probably won't be able to write until we return the first of next week. Maybe I'll have some good stories to share.

Until then, may we all not take for granted the blessing of family.

No comments: